RELEASE AND WAIVER
Before participating in the Coast Ride (a group bicycle ride from San Francisco to Santa Barbara on January 13, 2018 through January 15, 2018), I agree to the following:
1. I KNOW THIS IS DANGEROUS. I fully understand that: (a) CYCLING IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS AND INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("Risks"); (b) Risks may include, but are not limited to collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders, or fixed or moving objects, and dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, weather, inadequate safety equipment, use of equipment or materials provided by the Releasees or others; (c) these Risks may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others, the area and conditions, or my negligence or the negligence of the Releasees names below; and (d) there may be other Risks not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time. I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I INCUR AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN ANY RELATED ACTIVITY.
2. I AM AWARE OF THE LAW. I further acknowledge that I am aware of vehicle and bicycle operation regulations imposed by the California Vehicle Code and of safety precautions involving equipment and clothing. I ASSUME ALL RISK for myself and assume all liability to others for my failure to have complied with those regulations and precautions, or for any failure to inspect my bicycle.
3. I’LL LOOK AROUND AND USE GOOD JUDGMENT. I will examine and inspect the conditions in which I participate. If I observe any condition, which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of such activity and will refuse to take part in the activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. I WON’T SUE. I RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SCOTT WITTHOFF, ANY MEMBER OF FUSION SPORT OR ANY OTHER ORGANIZER OF THE COAST RIDE, (the “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account, now or hereafter accrued, which are caused or allege to be caused in whole or in part by my participation in, association with or travel to any Coast Ride related event, including my negligence, the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, or negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite of this Release, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL NDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES, from any litigation’s expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim.
5. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH MY IMAGE. As participant in the Coast Ride, and in any facets as to which my participation may be included, I hereby authorize the Releasees of the Coast Ride, the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to copyright, in name or otherwise, and use, re-use, publish, and re-publish of me or in which I may be included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium, and in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. I also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction with any of the above.
6. I KNOW THIS RELEASE IS FOR REAL. I am of full age and have the right to contract in my own name. I have carefully read this Release prior to its execution, I am fully familiar with it and I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors-in-interest, and assigns.
7. OTHER LEGAL STUFF. This Release shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its conflicts of laws principles. This Release shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. This Release may only be modified in a writing signed by the participant and the Releasees of the Coast Ride. If any of the terms of this Release are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the remaining terms shall not be affected. Section headings are for convenience only!
Name and phone for a friend(s) who is ON the ride.